Regulations governing Export/Import of Optical Disk Manufacturing Implements
Promulgated on December 26, 2001
Amended and promulgated on January 30, 2002, revising Article 3 and 4
Amended and promulgated on November 27, 2009, revising Article 4
These Regulations are established in accordance with the second paragraph of Article 12 of the Optical Disk Law ("Law").
The importation and exportation of optical disk manufacturing implements shall be governed by these Regulations. Issues not addressed by these Regulations shall be governed by other applicable legislation.
An importer of optical disk manufacturing implements shall submit an import declaration to the competent authority to declare its importation prior to importation.
The above import declaration shall specify the following material facts:
- Name, address and business account number of the importer
- Description of commodity specs., brand or maker, etc.
- Country of origin
- Quantities and units
- Storage or manufacturing premises
- License or filing number, in the event an optical disk license has been obtained or a declaration has been filed for the manufacture of optical disks
An exporter of optical disk manufacturing implements shall submit an export declaration to the competent authority to declare its exportation prior to exportation.
The above export declaration shall specify the following material facts:
- Name, address and business account number of the exporter
- Description of commodity specs. , brand or maker, etc.
- Country of destination, consignee and buyer
- Quantities and units
- Storage premises or manufacturing premises
- Import declaration number or documentary evidence of "Made in Taiwan"
An exporter is exempt from completing the preceding item 6 of the original import declaration if one of the following circumstances arises:
- Exporter is unable to obtain information from the original import declaration 5 years after the optical disk manufacturing implements were released for import.
- Exporter, who while purchasing optical disk manufacturing implements imported from abroad for domestic manufacturers, is unable to obtain information from the original import declaration, but has already issued domestic manufacturing invoice or a photocopy of the agreement.
- Exporter is unable to obtain other information from the original import declaration, has justifiable reasons, or can provide relevant supporting information.
Where a mistake is discovered or a change occurs with respect to the materials facts specified in an import or export declaration prior to customs declaration, an application for cancellation and re-declaration shall be filed with the competent authority; no application for amendment is allowed.
An application for re-issue shall be filed with the competent authority where the certificate for optical disk manufacturing implements import or export is lost prior to customs declaration.
An importer/exporter shall submit the certificate for optical disk manufacturing implements import or export to customs for the purpose of customs clearance.
Where the importer/exporter fails to submit the above certificate, customs may, subject to the importer/exporter's undertaking to apply for the necessary registration in accordance with Article 21 of the Law, grant release and forward the customs clearance information on the importation/exportation in writing to the competent authority for further action.
The form of declarations required under these Regulations will be determined by the competent authority.
These Regulations shall be enforced as of the date of promulgation.
- Publish Date : 2013-03-26
- Update : 2013-03-26
- Organization : Intellectual Property Office
- Visitors : 220