- 2020 Invention Patent Application Trends across Technology Fields during COVID-19 Pandemic
In 2020, TIPO received 43,921 invention patent applications. Among them, resident applications remained stable, while non-resident applications decreased by 6%. South Korea rose by 5.5% among filing c
- TIPO to Incorporate Changes Introduced by Locarno Classification (13th Edition) September 1st, 2021
TIPO has updated its classification list of industrial designs in accordance with the 13th edition of the World Intellectual Property Organization’s Locarno Classification for Industrial Designs
- Registration for Copyright Advocacy Online Seminar Series Now Open!
To circumvent any misconceptions or negligent conduct that leads to copyright infringement, TIPO continues to hold Information Sessions on Protection of Internet Copyright, Information Sessions on Cop
- Online Seminar on IPR of Indigenous Peoples’ Traditional Intellectual Creations and Cultural and Creative Industries Registration Open!
An online seminar on “Issues related to Intellectual Property Rights of Indigenous Peoples' Traditional Intellectual Creations and Cultural and Creative Industries” will be held by TIP
- TIPO holds Information Sessions on Patent Laws and Regulations 2021
Due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, TIPO is holding the Information Sessions on Patent Laws and Regulations via live webcast on September 9th. The information sessions will provide explanation
- 2021 APEC Workshop on the Potential for Use of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) in the Field of IPR Wrapped Up!
The 1.5-day 2021 APEC Workshop on the Potential for Use of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) in the Field of IPR was held by TIPO on July 29th and 30th. This workshop facilitated in-depth knowledge
- Registration for TIPO’s 2021 IPR Affairs Online Seminar on September 10th Now Open
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, TIPO will host the 2021 IPR Affairs Seminar virtually on September 10th. The seminar will address four specific topics: (1) The latest amendments to the Patent Act; (2) N
- TIPO’s Interpretations of the Patent Act Available!
To facilitate all to better understand the Patent Act, TIPO compiled the Interpretations of the Patent Act and published it on the website on July 2nd.
This year, Interpretations of the Patent Act
- Compilation of Selected Court Rulings on Trade Secret Cases Published on TIPO’s Website
To assist businesses in catching up with Taiwan’s relevant judicial practices and trends and to build a more complete trade secret protection mechanism, TIPO studied civil and criminal cases rel