Press Enter go to main content

Taiwan Intellectual Property Office_Logo


Someone has infringed my economic rights. What action can I take?

As a copyright owner, you are entitled to take the following steps under civil law:
(1) You may demand removal of the infringement. If there is a likelihood of infringement, you may demand that the infringement be prevented. (Copyright Act, Article 84)
(2) You may demand compensation (for damages).
(3) You may request the destruction or other necessary disposition of goods produced as a result of the infringing act, or of articles used predominantly for the commission of infringing acts. (Copyright Act, Article 88-1) You are also entitled to pursue criminal prosecution by filing a complaint with the prosecutor or a private prosecution with the court.

  • Publish Date : 2008-04-24
  • Update : 2022-07-22
  • Organization : International Legal Affairs Office
  • Visitors : 652

ePaper Subscription

Subscribe to TIPO's monthly ePaper for the latest IP news